You asked for it, and my husband Leland and I are finally offering private lessons in glass fusing at our studio in Sebastopol.
Here’s how it works. For $50 an hour with a two hour minimum we’ll provide instruction and tools – cutters, grinder, tile saw, kilns, polishers, etc. You only need to bring your own eye protection (glasses or safety glasses) and wear appropriate clothing (including closed toe shoes). The fee includes some glass. Additional glass and materials are available for purchase. Buy just enough to complete your project. In addition to Bullseye brand’s vibrant color palette of 90 COE glass, students can also use one of a kind components that we’re made, incuding raked, painted and layered glass.
Learn a new technique, make gifts, have fun! Adults, and children age 8 and up with parental supervision.
BAKE AND TAKE PROJECTS
• Coasters – suitable for beginner to advanced
• Self portrait – great for kids
• Sushi plate- suitable for beginner to advanced
• Sun catchers and ornaments
• Pendants, cabuchons, and earrings
• Heart dish or wavy bowl
• Box with fused glass inset
LEARN NEW TECHNIQUES
• Basic fusing & slumping
• Frit imagery (using powdered glass)
• Painting with 22 kt gold lustre paints – add great detail and bling! (additional supply fees apply)
• Using color reactions for texture and depth
• Create and fuse your own decals (additional supply fees apply)
• 22 Kt gold leaf inclusions (additional supply fees apply)
• Paint with Sunshine vitreous water based, non-toxic enamels
• The art of cold working with diamond polishers
• The Bubble up technique for creating organic patterns in glass
• Bead dish
Sound like fun? It is. Call or email for more information. Check back here soon for more examples of finished projects.